Using Google Play Music, you could easily share, store, and play the music you want. Store up to 50,000 songs without charge.
You may upload music to the cloud by using either Google Play Music for Chrome or Music Manager. The latter is available for Linux, PC, and Mac. Meanwhile, there is also the former if you are just using the Chrome browser. You may also opt to transfer files to specific drives that you want.
Once you have created an account and signed in using Google Play Music, you may listen to the music you uploaded using a mobile device or computer. You may also use Android TV, Sonos, Android Wear, Android Auto, and Chromecast.
Stream music even without subscription to Google Play Music in the United States. Stream radio stations based on your activity, mood, or whatever popular music there is that you feel like listening to. Moreover, if you subscribe to Google Play Music, you could stream almost 30 million songs and skip as much as you like. You may even listen to music offline.
Create your own playlists and scan through radio stations based on your favorite songs or artists. This is surely ad-free and skip-free.
Now that you are all set, you should learn how to add music to Google Play. So there are two methods as said earlier.
Using Google Chrome
- Make sure you have Google Chrome installed. If you don’t have it yet, download it at https://google.com/chrome.
- If you have Chrome installed, make sure that it is up to date. Open it and select the Chrome menu at the side and choose About Google Chrome.
- If there is an update, choose Relaunch to install the updates.
- Next, go to Google Play Music for Chrome in this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-play-music/fahmaaghhglfmonjliepjlchgpgfmobi
- Select Add from the Add to Chrome menu.
- You are now ready to add music to your library. First, log in to your Google account for Google Play Music.
- Go to the Google Play Music web player in this link: https://play.google.com/music. You may want to bookmark this for easy access.
- From the menu icon, choose Add Music.
- From there, drag and drop the files you want to upload using the Select from this computer option. You may see the upload progress at the bottom part of your screen. If you have iTunes, you also have the option of dragging and dropping music from iTunes to Google Play Music.
Using Google Play Music Manager
- Using your computer, download the Music Manager here: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/manager
- Open it and sign in to your Google account. Select your location and you will see the on screen instructions afterwards.
- If you already have iTunes of Windows Media Player, you could upload playlists from there to the Music Manager. From Preferences, choose Upload then click on Choose by Playlist.
- Tick the boxes of the playlists you want to upload.
- Select Upload.